25 November 2006

Faye Wong: Empty city

This song by Wang Fei is beautiful, but it is also extremely complicated to translate. It has many meanings, some of which escape my grasp

..
住在同一个天体学会用眼睛去定情

zhùzài tóngyī ge tiāntīxué huì yòng
yǎnjīng qù dìng qíng

爱情是面镜子有谁住在那里

àiqíng shì miàn jìngzi yǒu shéi zhùzài
nàli

我寻找你看见天敌

wǒ xúnzhǎo nǐ kànjiàn tiān dí

点破天机用我一滴泪的力气

diǎn pò tiān jī yòng wǒ yīdī lèi de lìqi


Living in the same universe

Learnt to use my eyes to decipher your emotions

Love is a mirror

Who lives in there?

I searched for you

Saw my predator

Uncovered the secrets

Used the strength of my single teardrop

是谁发明抽屉连心一起锁上去珍惜

shì shéi fāmíng chōuti lián xīn yīqǐ
suǒshàngqù zhēnxī

以为爱是天梯顺着它的方向

yǐwéi ài shì tiān tī shùnzhe tā de
fāngxiàng

我只捡到玻璃鞋子花样繁复

wǒ zhǐ jiǎndào bōli xiézǐ huāyàng fánfù
伤心是唯一的造物

shāngxīn shì wéiyī de zào wù


Who invented the drawer

My heart is locked up in it as something to be treasured

Thought love was a ladder

Following in its direction

I picked up only a glass shoe

Fancy in its design

Hurt is the only creator

我不要爱的空城请给我你的天真

wǒ bùyào ài de kōng chéng qǐng gěi wǒnǐ de
tiānzhēn

我不要情色掌纹为他作无谓的牺牲

wǒ bùyào qíng sè zhǎng wén wèi tā zuò
wúwèi de xīshēng

我不要爱的
空城
抹去流星的陪衬

wǒ bùyào ài de kōng chéng māqù liúxīng de
péichèn

在岁月渐老的国度只看你轮廓写真

zài suìyuè jiān lǎo de guó dù zhǐ kàn nǐ
lúnkuò xiězhēn


I don't want love's
empty city

Please give me your innocence

I don't want the handprints of debauchery

Making an unnecessary sacrifice for it

I don't want love's empty city

Take away the meteor's accompaniment

In this ageing city

I see only your silhouette


Wang Fei, 王菲 , Empty city, 空城 揚聲 KTV MTV , karaoke, pinyin, chinese,

English translation, romanized, chinese songs, wiki, wikipedia, Faye Wong , translated,

1 comment:

~Chow Wo Man~ said...

I love Faye Wong. I think she is a genius. All she has to do is be herself. I am having a field day just finding and listening to all her music. thanks for posting this. Because I lived most of my life until about one year and a half ago and I watched the movie 2046 and asked myself "who is that Android?" Then I found out the actress was also a singer, and her music has rescued me from the awful American music scene. My tastes have expanded to include the 12 Girls Band and Keiko Matsui. They are creating the best music on the planet in my opinion.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails