05 April 2006

CG: A poor foreigner looking for Wang Jing Li

Difficulty:

*****
(Easy as can be, but a little bit more difficult than the previous text)


CHARACTERS


Knocking on the door:


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Elizabeth 伊丽莎白

Opening the door:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Li Hong 李红



LOCATION:

Any residential area in Beijing.


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


One last note: My translation is a bit... free.


伊丽莎白:

敲门。二门三菱八号。对,就是这儿。

Elizabeth: (Knocks on the door). Door 2, number 308. Right, it’s exactly here.


李红:(开门)

Li Hong: (Opens the door and looks shocked at the blonde foreigner)

>The story continues here








伊丽莎白:
请问,王经理在家吗?
Elizabeth: Excuse me, is Wang Jing Li at home?


李红:
对不起,这里没有 王经理, 您找错了。要关门
Li Hong: Sorry girl, there’s no Wang Jing Li here. You are looking for him at the wrong place! (tries to close the door)


伊丽莎白:劳驾,这不是 二门三菱八室马

Elizabeth: Excuse me, ain’t this door 2, room 308 or what?


李红:对,这是二门三 菱八 室

可是,这. 不是王经理 的家。

Li Hong: Yes, this is door 2, room number 308, but this is NOT Wang Jing Li’s home!

伊丽莎白:
可是,您看,这是王经理给我的地址,
二门三菱八室。

Elizabeth: But, you see, this is the address Wang Jing Li gave me! Door 2, room 308.

李红:
(看了看地址) (笑) 你要找的王经理 是住 在二门三菱八 室。
我也住在二 门三菱八室。

Li Hong: (Looks at the piece of paper) (Laughs at her). Indeed, your Wang Jing Li does live at door 2, room number 308. And so do I.

伊丽莎白:
可是。。。 不解


Elizabeth: But… (confused)


李红:

你找的王经理 住在 十五号楼。
这是十六号楼。

Li Hong: Your Wang Jing Li lives in the building number 15. This is building number 16!


伊丽莎白:真对不起!。 拿过地址。找错楼了。是十五号楼 二门三菱八室,打扰了。

Elizabeth: Oh Gosh! I’m so sorry! (takes back the address). I was looking for him the wrong place, it was building 15, door nº2 and room number 308, I’m sorry to have troubled you!


李红:
没关系。

Li Hong: I will not take this into account, if you are ever to be part of my guan xi wang.

伊丽莎白:
再见。

Elizabeth: Bye!

李红:
再见。

Li Hong: Bye.




Source: Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Communicate in Chinese, Vol. 1 by China Central Television

---Anything I need to correct, please let me know.---

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails